PRENATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING (85 hr)
June 17th - 27th 2016
Semperviva Sea Studio - #200-1333 Johnston St, Vancouver
This wildly inspiring and comprehensive 85 Hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Program will include how to teach prenatal yoga to women in all stages of pregnancy, in a fiercely empowering way. Yoga is explored as a powerful tool for conscious and holistic pregnancy, childbirth, and motherhood. A transforming and life changing training that will inform, inspire and illuminate your personal and professional life.
Who is this course designed for?
Yoga teachers of all traditions, midwives, doulas, nurses, doctors, childbirth educators, and all women wanting to deepen their knowledge of yoga in pregnancy and of themselves.
This in depth program will give you a rich understanding of Yoga during the childbearing year and beyond as well as deepen self knowledge and foster fierce personal growth. Educating and empowering women about conscious pregnancy, birth and motherhood creates conscious mothers, conscious babies and a more conscious world.
Elevating and educating women during this time of profound transformation is the most awesome and rewarding experience.
In Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training training we will cover:
- The benefits of yoga in pregnancy and beyond
- Yogic Psychology and Philosophy translated from the divine feminine
- Koshas - the holistic approach to understanding and supporting this precious population
- Asana - the most appropriate postures to support a healthy pregnancy, modifications of asana, contraindicated postures, and posture sequencing
- Teaching Methodology - appropriate use of language, voice, and gentle touch
- Pranayama - breathing techniques most suited to a healthy pregnancy and delivery
- The effects of pregnancy on the body
- The physiology of childbirth
- Prenatal Anatomy taught by a pelvic floor physiotherapist
- Restorative yoga to promote greater relaxation and reduce stress
- Mudra, Meditation, Mantra and affirmations specific to empowering mamas and babies for pregnancy, labor and life
- Understanding a “conscious approach” to conception, pregnancy, labor and delivery, and motherhood
- Discomforts of pregnancy and how to address them with yoga
- Chakras and specific relevance to pregnant goddesses and babies
- Goddesses of female cycles, birth, death, ferocity and forgiveness
- Emotional and esoteric anatomy
- Consciousness of babies
- An inspiring team of experts in the field of birthing and childcare will be brought in including: Midwifery, doulas and obstetrics.
For 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teachers the credits of the course can be applied towards the 500 hour certification, and is eligible for 85 hours CEU with Yoga Alliance. Continuing Education Units are required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Upon completion of this course and full payment, students will receive a Certificate of Completion documenting participation and attendance. In order to be a certified yoga teacher and a RPYT (registered prenatal yoga teacher), students must also have completed a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher Training.
Date: January 9th - 19th 2016 OR June 17th - 27th 2016
- Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
- Saturdays: 11:45am - 4:15pm
- Sundays: 12:30pm - 5:30pm
- (Exact times and locations may vary slightly. Please check your course schedule which you will receive prior to commencement of the training.)
Total Hours: 85
Format: Full Time
Location: Semperviva Sea Studio, Vancouver
Contact Semperviva directly for payment and registration online or call at (604) 739-2009
Contact myself if you have any questions about the course curriculum: Thrive@SoulRebelRising.com